Course in Pre-Foundation Studies (CPFS)
The Course in Pre-Foundation Studies (CPFS) is designed for those who plan to study at Westminster International University in Tashkent (WIUT). The main purpose of the CPFS is to improve the English and Mathematics skills of future entrants to WIUT. It is WIUT’s hope that you will benefit from your studies and that you will become a more self-confident and independent learner, ready to face the challenges of studying at the Certificate of International Foundation Studies (CIFS), which is the first year of University studies.
Basics of English for Academic Purposes
Basics of Quantitative Skills (BaQS)
Duration (Part time)
Aims of the course
The CPFS Levels 1 and 2 has been designed as a programme of study to prepare students for entry to Level 3 at WIUT.
In designing the course, consideration has been given to the academic strengths and weaknesses of students. Great importance is therefore attached to the monitoring of students’ progress and the provision of extra tutorial and specialist support where it is needed or if it is requested by the students. Considerable formative assessment will be undertaken and regular feedback given to the students.
The primary aims of the course are:
- to enable students to acquire the necessary English and Mathematical knowledge, skills and understanding to prepare them for entry to Level 3 at WIUT
- to give students the tools needed in order to take their first steps in self-management and to assist them in becoming sufficiently autonomous to perform successfully,
- to foster a positive attitude to learning and to the culture of the university itself and to give students a foundation to survive in an academic environment,
- to provide a pathway of entry to WIUT that does not require IELTS or the university Maths entrance exam.
Course Learning Outcomes
We expect the following learning outcomes to be achieved:
- Demonstrating a general knowledge and understanding of the principles and concepts of the study skills in the areas of Use of English, Numeracy, and Communication;
- English equivalent to B2 (CEFR);
- Level of Mathematics sufficient to cope with all the requirements of CIFS, at least equivalent to GCSE;
- An understanding and competence in the skills necessary to benefit from a higher level educational experience (CIFS).
Have from 40-59% in the WIUT CPFS entrance exam OR have 4.5 in IELTS
Have at least 60% or higher in the WIUT CPFS entrance exam OR have 5.0 or 5.5 in IELTS (unless writing band score is lower than 5.0)
Have from 20-39% in the WIUT CPFS entrance exam.
Have at least 40% or higher in the WIUT CPFS entrance exam or have a minimum of 30% in the Mathematics University entrance exam.
N.B. Westminster International University in Tashkent reserves the right to amend these entry requirements as the need arises.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Excellent academic quality
- WIUT education standards
- Professional approach to teaching
- Rich social life (with variety of extracurricular clubs)
- Access to WIUT library and other facilities
DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT
Following documents should be submitted online:
1. Photo (3×4 cm)
2. Passport or copy of birth certificate (a scanned version)
3. IELTS Certificate (if available)
For more information, contact us at
We are open on Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.