Westminster International University in Tashkent (WIUT) offers students the opportunity of a Student Exchange Programme at the University of Westminster in London.
For the Academic Year 2024/25, the following courses are available for student exchange:
Duration of Student Exchange
|Sem 1||Sem 2|
Business and Economics
|BA (Hons) in Business Management||5||1 semester||X|
Law, Technology and Education
|BSc (Hons) in Business Information Systems||5||2 semesters
(due to yearlong modules)
- Tuition Fees:
Students who participate on the Student Exchange Programme at the University of Westminster do not pay additional tuition fees but they need to complete the payment of WIUT tuition fees prior leaving for the UK.
- Living expenses:
Students have to pay for their living expenses in the UK (visa, accommodation, transportation, living expenses, etc.).
Estimated living expenses in London:
Business Management exchange (1 semester): approx. USD 15,000
Business Information Systems exchange (2 semesters): approx. USD 25,000
Semester 1: WIUT International Studies team will send an email with all information along with the application form.
Semester 2: WIUT International Studies team will send an email on an Information Session on Student Exchange to UoW.
Criteria for nomination
To be considered for nomination, you must be a current Level 4 WIUT student attending the relevant course.
- Maintain academic profile of an overall 60% and above.
(for University scholarship-funded students, maintain academic profile of an overall 70% and above)
- no record of academic offences.
- no record of disciplinary offences.
- no condoned passes.
- no referrals/deferrals.
- no retriever.
Upon receiving an email from International Studies team, If you are interested, please submit the UoW-WIUT Student Exchange Application Form.
Deadline to submit the form:
For September (Semester 1) start: 1st March 2024
For January (Semester 2) start: not applicable at this stage
- The Student Exchange Nominee Panel reviews all applications.
- The top two academic performing students from each School are selected for the student exchange programme each academic year.
- The WIUT International Studies team will communicate with the nominees whether they are interested to proceed with the nomination.
- Details of nominated students will be communicated to UoW Education Abroad team.
- If you have been nominated, the UoW Education Abroad team will contact you directly regarding the application process along with the supporting documents you will have to submit.
- You will also be provided with a list of modules to select.
You must include your module choices in your online application. Please note that you may only study modules provided in the department or faculty that you have been nominated to study in.
For advice on module selection, please consult your Course Leader.
- You will receive an official acceptance email when your online application has been processed by the UoW Education Abroad team.
- UoW Education Abroad Team will be in touch with you regarding the UK visa application and the student accommodation arrangement.
Approximately eight weeks before the start of the academic year in UoW, UoW Education Abroad team will send you an email with orientation information.
For semester start dates and other key periods, please refer to UoW academic calendar.
If you want to get the best quality of studies, quality of living and cultural diversity, studying in London is the best opportunity of a lifetime. So, make up your mind and participate in the exchange programme. You will not regret it!
If you are thinking about going on exchange, London is a city of opportunities. There is a lot to explore, a lot to learn and you will definitely find something that will be useful to you.