Department: Executive office
Reports to: Director of Administration
Duty station: Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Date posted: 04.08.2022
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities: The position is an administrative post. The postholder operates in a corporate level across all departments to provide the compliance of the corporate information security practice with the Law on Personal Data and Law on Informatization of the Republic of Uzbekistan and UK GDPR. The postholder will have to cooperate with WIUT IT department and other departments, organize, lead and act as a team member in working groups aimed to develop information security standards of the University.
- Develop and maintain the corporate information security standards and policies of the University considering Information Systems security and information security in the workplace;
- Ensure that information security policy is implemented in a due way in all departments of the University;
- Develop and safeguard an adequate implementation of the Information Systems Security Policy (Cyber Risk Prevention plan, Cyber Risk Detection plan and System Recovery plan) in cooperation with WIUT IT Department;
- Lead the development of corporate policies, regulations, rules, and ethical frameworks related to the provision of the security of corporate information and data as well as privacy of personal data that are input, processed, transferred, and stored by the University;
- Organize and lead a regular annual audit, develop recommendations for changes or improvements on the corporate information security, and report the audit outcomes to the ETM and Academic Council;
- Lead and work as a team member in working groups formed to develop information security standards of the University;
- Serve as a security expert and conduct trainings to existing staff and inductions to newly recruited staff in information security as required
- Act on other tasks related to the provision of information security assigned by senior executives as appropriate.
- At least an undergraduate degree in Information Security, MIS, Computer Science, or similar subject areas
- Proven professional experience in the Information Security area
- Familiarity with information and cybersecurity security frameworks and risk management methodologies
- Knowledge of ICT and Information Security Systems
- Good leadership, teamworking, and communication skills
- An analytical mind with excellent problem-solving ability
- Solid motivation in professional growth and continuous professional development.
To apply please complete the application form online.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Review other job vacancies at http://www.wiut.uz/job-wiut