Our student Malika Zakhidova, BA (Hons) Commercial Law, is one of the winners of the Islam Karimov State Scholarship.
Malika was among the 15 students of the Westminster International University in Tashkent who competed for the Scholarship.
The students were evaluated on five criteria:
- Excellent academic performance
- Coordination of general education training with research (creative work)
- Participation in conferences (competitions) relevant to their degree programme
- Publications (having at least two published articles)
- Language proficiency in Uzbek and a foreign language
Three of our 15 students passed successful the first stage of the competition.
The second stage of the competition was hosted by the Special Committee on State Scholarship Award. The Committee considered a total of 886 applicants. Malika Zakhivoda was one of the 383 students who were granted scholarships.
Malika Zakhidova is at her final year in BA (Hons) Commercial Law at the Westminster International University in Tashkent and she is also a socially active student. She currently works for Centil Law firm.
Upon graduation, Malika wants to pursue Master’s Degree in Law and at the same time she wants to establish an organisation that would help women, who have been victims of violence. Longer term she wants to establish her own law firm.
According to the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated November 1, 2021 07 / 1-2313, nine different state scholarships for the 2021/2022 academic year were announced. For the first time WIUT students are eligible to nominate themselves for the following three scholarships:
- State Scholarship of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- State Scholarship named after Islam Karimov
- State Scholarship named after Alisher Navoi