- Academic English
- Business Communications
- 2010-2011 Postgraduate Certificate of Special Study in Teaching and Learning
Westminster International University in Tashkent
- 2006-2008 MA in Linguistics
Uzbek State World Languages University
- 1999-2003 BA in English Teaching, Tashkent Regional State Pedagogical Institute
- August 2017 Certificate in Teaching English for Academic Purposes
Norwich Institute for Language Education
- May 2015-Jan 2016 Certificate in ESP Material Design
U.S. Department of State's English Language Program and
Innovation Center of the University of World Languages
- Mar 2014/Dec 2015 Certificate in Assessment in Language Teaching
Uzbek State World Languages University and British Council
- Oct-Dec 2012 Certificate in English for Specific Purposes, University of Oregon
- Academic Writing
- Discourse analysis
- Applied Linguistics
- Assessment in Higher Education
- Makovskaya, L. and Akbarova, S. (2017) Soft Skills for Report Writing. Teaching Times. (in print)
- Makovskaya, L. and Bezborodova, A. (2017) What is it to lead an EAP mega module? Humanizing Language Teaching Magazine. 19 (2) Available from http://www.hltmag.co.uk/apr17/mart05.htm
- Makovskaya, L. (2017). Providing formative feedback to improve students’ writing. English is Key to Dialogue: International Conference. UZSWLU, Tashkent, Uzbekistan. Available from http://conference.fledu.uz/en/2017/providing-formative-feedback-to-improve-students-writing/
- Makovskaya, L. (2016). Good practice in assessing learners’ writing. Teaching Foreign Languages:
- Present and Future: International Conference. UZSWLU, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, 76- 78.
- Makovskaya, L. and Bezborodova, A. (2016) Activity 63, Activity 74. In D. Broughton and M. Kasatkina (eds.) B2 Ready. Tashkent, Uzbekistan: CEID Georgetown University. Available from www.study.do.
- Makovskaya, L. (2015). Strategies for Effective Teaching and Learning. Active Learning and Teaching of Foreign Languages in Uzbekistan. Tashkent, Uzbekistan. 1, 16-17.
- Makovskaya, L. (2015). Language Teaching at University: Applying Learning Theories. In: Zamaletdina, R eds. Preservation and Development of Native Languages and Cultures, 2015. Kazan, Russian Federation. 14-16 October 2015. Kazan: Otechestvo, 186-189.
- Makovskaya, L. and Bakhadirov, M., (2013). Peer-review as an instrument for developing critical thinking skills among university students. In: Innovation for Sustainable Development and Its Impact on Welfare Improvement and Societal Change: International Conference. WIUT Tashkent, Uzbekistan.