The Certificate of International Foundation Studies is a one-year, two-semester course validated by the University of Westminster and delivered at Westminster International University in Tashkent (WIUT). The Foundation is the first step into higher education. The aim of the course is to prepare the student for successful study at honors’ degree level. The Certificate of International Foundation Studies is a University of Westminster award and recognized in the UK as an entrance qualification for all UK universities. As a UK university award, it is also recognized as an entry qualification for degree courses in many universities around the world.
Students who successfully complete the Foundation studies will automatically qualify for progression onto one of the WIUT’s degree-level programmes. They will also qualify for entry to the related courses at the University of Westminster in London, subject to application in the standard way.
Language of Instruction: ENGLISH
- to enable students to acquire the theoretical and practical knowledge in the areas of oral and written communication and numeracy to prepare them for degree-level study;
- to equip students with a range of study and transferable skills and enable them to appreciate their importance within a higher educational context;
- to enable students to acquire knowledge and understanding of the fundamental principles and concepts relating to moral, social, economic or political contexts;
- to enhance students’ global perspective and engagement in international community;
- to provide a positive teaching and learning environment that puts students at the centre of the learning process and encourages independent learning;
- to integrate the use of technology in ways that will enable students to extend opportunities for communication and inquiry in educational contexts.
|Context of Business||One semester||None|
|Quantitative Methods||One semester||None|
|Introduction to Information and Web Technologies||One semester||None|
|Introduction to Law||One semester||None|
|Foundations of Economics||One semester||None|
|Business in its Environment||One semester||None|
Entry requirements for the Certificate of International Foundation Studies have been set in order to select potential students who have proven academic ability and are able to demonstrate a solid foundation of skills in both Mathematics and English.
Intending students must meet the following criteria:
- Age requirement
Normally applicants will have to reach at least 17 years of age at the start of the academic year. For the purposes of this regulation the academic year runs from 1st October to 30th September.
- English language requirement
Have grade C or above in GCSE O’ level English, or its equivalent
Have an IELTS score of 5.5 (with writing component no less than 5.0) or the equivalent TOEFL according to the WIUT/UoW conversion table.
Have achieved the required pass level on the WIUT Basic of English for Academic Purpose module at level 2. Results for WIUT Basic of English for Academic Purpose module at level 2 are valid only for two years, since accomplishment.
- Mathematics requirement
Applicants must have an acceptable level of competence in Mathematics. This could be
demonstrated by one of the following:
A pass in an entrance test approved by the University of Westminster
Grade C or above in GCSE O’ level Mathematics or its equivalent.
Have achieved the required pass level on the WIUT Basic of Quantitative Skills in Quantitative
Methods module at level 2.
- General requirements
Applicants must have studied a broad range of subjects and have a school leaving certificate equivalent to GCSE O Level, e.g. the Uzbek certificate of secondary education (Attestat) normally with an overall average mark of 70%.
Math exam sample:
Math exam sample 2015:
Scholarship Math Exam sample 2015:
Read about IELTS:
How to Apply?
Online application to WIUT for 2017/18 Academic year opens on the 6th of February 2017. All applicants must apply through admission.wiut.uz electronic system.