Course in Pre-Foundation Studies (CPFS) – Pre-University
About the Course:
Course in Pre-Foundation Studies (CPFS) is designed for students of Tashkent lyceums/colleges who wish to enter Westminster International University in Tashkent (WIUT). The main purpose of the CPFS is to improve the English and Mathematical skills of future entrants to WIUT. The modules are delivered in part-time mode, where the same Academic Quality Assurance process and academic delivery structure with WIUT university courses are applied. The classes are held in the first or second half of the day, depending on the time of classes for the student in his/her lyceum or college. The modules are divided into 2 Levels: CPFS Level 1 and Level 2. Upon successful completion of both modules at CPFS Level 2, students can apply for entry to Level 3 – International Foundation Studies – which is the first year of the University studies. Learn more about the course at CPFS Frequently Asked Questions.
Eligible applicants are students and/or graduates of Tashkent lyceums/colleges at the age of 15* or above. In order to apply please download Application form WIUT.
* – in order to apply an applicant must be at least 15 years old before October 1st of an Academic year
Application documents to submit:
- 4 photos (3×4)
- Study verification letter from lyceum/college or a diploma
- Passport or birth certificate copy
- Completed WIUT Application form
Documents should be submitted in hard copy to the address: Academic Lyceum under WIUT, room 17, 1st floor (working hours 9:00-13:00/14:00-17:00). For more information please contact: +(998-71) 238-74-27
The entrance exams take place in August, English followed by Maths. For more information on entrance exams please download CPFS_entrance exam_specifications_2015. Admission requirements for Pre-University (CPFS) are as follows:
- English – 40-59% for Level 1 or 60% and higher for Level 2
- Maths – 20-29% for Level 1 or 30% and higher for Level 2
In order to collect their UNCONDITIONAL OFFERS successful candidates should approach WIUT Academic Lyceum room 17 (working hours 9:00-13:00/14:00-17:00).
In order to collect their CONTRACTS for studies successful candidates should approach Enquiry Office with their UNCONDITIONAL OFFER and original passport or birth certificate according to the following schedule:
- 10 September – from 9:30 to 12:30
- 11 September – from 14:00 to 17:00
- 14 September – 9:30-12:30 and 14:00-17:00
- 17 September – 9:30-12:30 and 14:00-17:00