The University Certificate in Special Study
The course is aimed to provide strong foundation in key issues related to teaching, learning, assessment and classroom management.
You will explore methods of effective teaching and learning; examine principles of assessment and marking; critically evaluate your teaching practices in light of a range of educational theories.
You also will be offered the opportunity to gain Higher Education Academy Associate status. For further information about the HEA, please visit http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/.
What you will study on this course
The course duration is one academic year and it consists of core modules ‘Theory and Practice of Teaching and Learning’.
What I like the most inthe University Certificate in Special Study is that I learn a lot about new up-to-date approaches to teaching in various counties. I like that the course is delivered in an interactive way where the tutor stimulates our inquiry and self-reflection and skillfully guides us to a specific destination known only to her, in the beginning. It is like an adventurous journey!
Gulnara Rakhimova, Teacher of Russian Language, Tashkent International School
· At least 1 year of teaching experience
· Bachelors degree in any subject or overseas equivalent
· English language: If your first degree was not taught and assessed in English, you will need an IELTS score of at least 6.5 or TOEFL equivalent (IBT 92). You may apply for the course provided you have registered for an IELTS/TOEFL examination
August 26, 2016
· 700 USD for citizens of Uzbekistan
· 3000 USD for foreign citizens
Tuition fee payable in Uzbek soums based on official Uzbekistan's Central Bank exchange rate.
How to apply?
For more information please contact: + (998-71) 238-74-45; firstname.lastname@example.org