Postgraduate Certificate of Special Study in Learning & Teaching (PG Cert)
Postgraduate Certificate of Special Study in Learning and Teaching, awarded by the University of Westminster (London), is intended for practicing teachers who want to improve their professional skills. It is made up of a single Level 7, 20 credit core module: ‘Theory and Practice of Teaching and Learning’.
The course aims to provide you with a solid foundation in key issues connected with teaching, learning and assessment and classroom management.
The objectives of the course are to:
- explore methods of effective teaching and learning
- examine principles of assessment and marking
- provide feedback on your teaching practices and to embed a reflective approach to improve performance
- facilitate the enhancement and recognition of teaching skills
- provide opportunities to critically evaluate your teaching practices in light of a range of educational theories and your findings through observation of colleagues
- engage in research that will form the basis for further scholarship and professional development
- offer the opportunity to gain Higher Education Academy Associate status. For further information about the HEA, please visit http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/.
Language of Instruction: English.
- At least 1 year of teaching experience
- Bachelors degree in any subject or overseas equivalent
- English language: If your first degree was not taught and assessed in English, you will need an IELTS score of at least 6.5 or TOEFL equivalent (IBT 92). You may apply for the course provided you have registered for an IELTS/TOEFL examination
- Application deadline: August 26, 2016
- 700 USD for citizens of Uzbekistan
- 3000 USD for foreign citizens