University Certificate of Special Study in Teaching and Learning (UoW awarded), was launched in 2007 and it aims at teachers who want to develop their skills while continuing in their current careers. The course is based around reflection gained through the professional experience.
University Certificate of Special Study in Teaching and Learning course, awarded by the University of Westminster (London), is intended for practicing teachers who want to improve their professional skills. It is made up of a single Level 7, 20 credit core module: ‘ Theory and Practice of Supporting Learning’.
The course provides a solid foundation in key issues in teaching, learning and assessment and classroom management.
- To equip participants with knowledge and skills to enhance their students’ learning;
- To provide opportunities to explore notions of effective teaching, learning and assessment;
- To encourage a reflective approach within their practice to improve performance through feedback;
- To facilitate the enhancement and recognition of teaching skills;
- To provide opportunities for module participants to critically evaluate their own practice in the light of a range of educational theories and in the light of their findings through their observation of colleagues;
- 2 950 000 UZS for citizens of Uzbekistan;
- 3000 USD per course for foreign citizens;
Tuition fee payable in Uzbek soums based on official Uzbekistan's Central Bank exchange rate
Admission to the Course
Candidates to be admitted to the course have to be able to satisfy the following conditions:
- Have a higher education qualification
- Have an appropriate English language proficiency for example an IELTS 6.5 or its equivalent. Prior study in English can also be considered subject to the evidence provided.
- Be in full- or part-time employment as a practicing teacher, a teaching assistant or a specialist supporting learning with no less than 30 hours of teaching/supporting learning within the duration of the course spread over the two semesters.
- Be teaching students aged 14 and above.
Online application to WIUT for 2017/18 is now closed. All submitted applications will be considered for 2018/19 Academic Year. All applicants must apply through admission.wiut.uz/